Friday, July 15, 2022

Sci-Fi Modular Assets

Goal is to learn Substance Designer workflow and how to create modular assets without modeling.

Schedule:

Week 1 - Material 1 (Floor + Grate) & Displacement Test in Engine
Week 2 - Material 2 (Wall)
Week 3 - Integrating materials into Unreal Engine 5, Lighting, & Renders

Lowering the scope of this project compared to the initial pitch because we only have 3 weeks and I need to make some time to finish up my previous projects. Instead of doing a full environment, I'll be doing a diorama slice which will be one floor and wall material that I'll displace using the height information to create geometry in Unreal Engine 5. References are from Javier Perez (material artist).


Video demonstration of how tesselation works in UE4, I'll be translating this into UE5 with displacement methods instead:


I plan on presenting the materials in UE5 together similar to how Marchand Venter displayed his scene below:




No comments:

Post a Comment